Melatonine and Serotonine are responsible for chemically regulating our night and day rythms. Melatonine is only being produced when we are sleeping, so when there is almost no light entering our eyesight.
Serotonine on the other hand is the guardian of the day and is being synthesized in greatest amounts when the sun is shining. Serotonine can have these mood brightening traits, that switch on our inner sun.
Both of these molecules are tryptamines. One does not work without the other. So melatonine can only be synthesized when there is enough serotonine that we have produced throughout the day. They are like yin and yang on a molecular level.
Almost all spiritual teachings and philosphies talk about the balance and the merging of these two opposites to create a greater whole, to bring this energy to the next stage of union.
Dymethyltryptamine, also called DMT, is another very interesting fellow as it is also found within human body. It has been called the death molecule, because when people die, a vast amount of these molecules will be released in the human brain.
Shamans have been experimenting with this molecule for thousands of years. For them, it represents something that is beyond death. For them death is just another gate to enter into a completely different realm, to transform yourself and let go of the world the way that we perceive it. It is the gate to a new perception.
Now scientists are guessing that there is a correlation between the synthesis of DMT and the molecules of serotonine and melatonine.
Could it be that on a molecular level DMT is the bridge between dreams and reality? It is the ignition that lets us ignite within the dream and become completely lucid. It is when we leave our bodies to travel with our soul and mind to another world.
It permeates our waking self with a different kind of reality, a reality, where dreams become true and fairy tales are something mundane and belong to the everyday life of the people.
Now what most people forget is that DMT is something, that naturally occurs within the human body. One does not have to take any drugs or hallucinogenic plants to release this molecule. There is a big hype around hallucinogenic plants such as ayahuasca, iboga and others. Now these plants definetely deserve our dearest attention, because they can help us to remember what is our true nature. They do leave a trace within our energy system and dart us towards a direction, which we can use to naturally come back to this experience.
On the web, there are hundreds of people talking about their various hallucinogenic journeys. Some have done a hundred, others even more. But what mostly all them are noticing is that these experiences become less and less intense, the more they are doing them. The first experience was usually the most intense and profound journey. Many people are craving for more and come out of the journeys, disappointed to realise that the trip has not been the same.
These plants can unravel the truth within ourselves. They are a singing a melody to us about our distant past. They remember us, that in all moments we do hold the key to magic anytime anywhere. They help us to see, that we are but a tiny particle of a greater whole and that we are all connected.
Through these plants, scientists are now beginning to dig ever deeper into the functioning of the human body. These plants have helped a great deal in our understanding of what is consciousness and how does consciousness affect and create matter.
It is on us to either abuse this knowledge or to bring it to further blossoming within the people's mind. A lot of people, who have tried these plants once, talk about similar experiences they have gone through either by meditating or doing some kind of physical excercise for an extended period of time. These plants can give you the key, but you still have to open that door all by yourself and once that its open you are the only one who can walk through this door.
So how can we naturally increase serotonine and melatonine? And are there ways for us to naturally produce DMT within our pineal gland?
2. As always we emphasize and stress the importance of excercise. A lot of chemical reactions are happening when we are moving properly. Have you ever run for about 30-40 minutes? After a while we switch on these molecules that can make us go on forever.
3. Cultivate your floral gut with benign bacteria. Flood your system with fermented drinks and foods. It is known that bacteria can help us to synthesize more serotonine within the intestinal walls. This is why our gut is considered our second or even our first brain. „You are what you eat!“
Bacteria help to regulate and calm the nervous system, to strengthen the immune system and provide an overall feeling of well-being within the body. Also they break down unwanted amounts of sugar, so we do not crave candies so much anymore.
4. A banana a day keeps the doctor away. Have two if you can. Mix them up in a smoothie together with some raw chocolate and maca, if it pleases you. Bananas do contain natural l-tryptophane which is a precursor to serotonine.
5. Expose yourself to the sun as much as you can. This helps to increase the uptake of serotonine in your body and also through the production of melanine and vitamin D3 we will have the mood-brightening effects.
6. Ever heard about the chaga mushroom? It mostly grows in the northern hemisphere on birch trees. This mushroom has an extremely high amount of melanine. Melanine is a very strong antioxidant, which can help to activate the pineal gland in order to produce more melatonine. Mushrooms generally also contain serotonine and other tryptamines, which might be another good reason for your to look into eating more mushrooms on a daily basis.
7. Last but not least, you could try a darkroom therapy. People have reported to have very strong hallucinations. They usually shut themselves off from light for at least 3 or more days. There definetely might be a link between the heightened production of melatonine through the continual darkness and the visions. Most probably DMT is being released, which causes these visions.
If you are interested on receiving a personalized nutrition plan, be sure to contact us down below. Also we do offer aura-readings, that can help you to find the food that is best to feed your energy system. We are looking forward to be of service. You are also welcome to leave us a feedback on this article.